As we have told in the article Answer Rewards, answers are rewarded on the basis of total community/user votes garnered. Every user is provided 16 votes per question which they can distribute among the answers received on the question.
So, in order to earn answer rewards, it is necessary that your answer is well voted by the Masmic community and they found it better than the other answers posted on that question. And that will happen only, if you are writing a good answer.
Here are some of the tips for writing a good answer and thereby to be able to get more votes:
1. Choose questions wisely, use relevant tag filters: Nobody is an expert in everything. Everyone of us have some areas where we know or are aware of things more than others. So, instead of trying to answer each and every question, apply tag filters like "creativity", "entertainment" etc. in which you are comfortable in writing on.
2. Answer newest questions first: Once, you have chosen your preferred categories, questions are default sorted with latest ones coming first. As questions are time-bound, it is better that you answer those questions first which are new.
3. Avoid copying, write your personal opinion: This is most important that you are writing your personal opinion while answering questions. Copying from someone else's answer inside Masmic or from outside sources will be removed instantly if reported by any user. In case if it requires to add a fact or information, then you can add it in quotes and write the source from where you are taking the same.
4. Answer in English, use Google Translate: Currently, Masmic is supported for only English as we see it as one of the most popular global language. Hence, if you answer in non-english content, most of the users will not be able to understand your answer and hence getting lesser number of votes. You can use Google Translate to convert your answer in English and then submit it on Masmic.
5. Avoid adding irrelevant Images: It is a saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words" and thus an irrelevant image also adds up bad thousand words which makes you whole answer bad. An irrelevant image will quickly create a bad impression of your answer and thus can either be reported as an irrelevant answer or will not be able to get votes.